This OPITO approved 2.5 days HOIT course will equip the delegate with the initial knowledge, understanding and skills required to safely and effectively perform the duties of Offshore Helicopter Landing Officer (HLO) and / or Offshore Helideck Assistant (HDA). Throughout this training programme delegates will be required to demonstrate their knowledge of the curriculum through a series of theoretical and practical assessments.
In order to complete OPITO HOIT, delegates must hold an IATA, HCA, CAA or state aviation approved dangerous goods awareness certification (the FREE Transportation of Dangerous Goods by Air Awareness e-Learning course is included with this training to fulfil this prerequisite).
Proceso de aplicación
Please book a course through the website of AIS Survivex ("More information").
Resultados del aprendizaje
Following completion of this course, delegates will be:
- Aware of the key areas of helideck operations, regulations and guidelines
- Familiar with the helideck's physical characteristics and obstacle-free requirements
- Aware of the helideck equipment and systems
- Able to understand and describe meteorological requirements for offshore helideck operations
- Familiar with the typical hazards associated with offshore helideck operations
- Conversant with the roles and key responsibilities of the Offshore HLO and HDA
Categorías CINE (ISCED)