An OPITO approved Lifeboat Coxswain Initial Training (Free Fall) course provides delegates who have a current offshore survival training certificate (BOSIET or FOET) with the knowledge and skills to act as coxswain of free fall lifeboats.
In order to complete an OPITO approved Lifeboat Coxswain Initial Training (Free Fall) course, delegates must hold a valid and in-date offshore survival certificate (BOSIET or FOET).
Proceso de aplicación
Please book a course through the website of AIS Survivex ("More information").
Resultados del aprendizaje
Delegates completing an OPITO approved Lifeboat Coxswain Initial Training (Free Fall) course will be able to;
- Understand the coxswain's role and responsibilities (free fall)
- Handle a craft
- Recover persons from water
- Understand use of controls, steering craft, launch, and recovery
- Move a totally enclosed motor propelled survival craft (TEMPSC) to a safe area
- Prepare a craft for evacuation
- Tow and pace
- Use a compass
- Use radio, pyrotechnics and emergency equipment
Categorías CINE (ISCED)