An OPITO approved Lifeboat Coxswain Initial Training (Twin Fall) course provides delegates who have a current offshore survival training certificate (BOSIET or FOET) with the knowledge and skills to act as an offshore lifeboat coxswain (twin fall) effectively.
In order to complete an OPITO approved Lifeboat Coxswain Initial Training (Twin Fall) course, delegates must hold a valid and in-date offshore survival certificate (BOSIET or FOET).
Please book a course through the website of AIS Survivex ("More information").
Delegates completing an OPITO approved Lifeboat Coxswain Initial Training (Twin Fall) course will be able to;
- Understand the coxswain's role and responsibilities (twin fall)
- Handle a craft
- Recover persons from water
- Understand use of controls, steering craft, launch, and recovery
- Move a totally enclosed motor propelled survival craft (TEMPSC) to a safe area
- Prepare a craft for evacuation
- Tow and pace
- Use a compass
- Use radio, pyrotechnics and emergency equipment