STCW Proficiency in Survival Craft and Rescue Boats (Other Than Fast Rescue Boats) provides delegates with knowledge of the construction and function of different types of survival craft, rescue boats, and associated equipment.
In order to complete an STCW Proficiency in Survival Craft and Rescue Boats (Other Than Fast Rescue Boats) training course, delegates must:
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Have completed approved or recognised training in personal survival techniques or equivalent
- Have completed a minimum of 6 months in sea service (training can be undertaken without experience however the certificate will not be awarded until proof of 6 months' sea service has been provided)
Please book a course through the website of AIS Survivex ("More information").
Delegates completing an STCW Proficiency in Survival Craft and Rescue Boats (Other Than Fast Rescue Boats) training course will have knowledge of;
- Recovery of personnel from the water
- Rigging and use of life-saving appliances, including electronic aids
- Search and rescue organisation procedures
- Ship emergency situations
- Use of open lifeboats, totally enclosed lifeboats, rescue boats and davit launched life rafts