This course is an introduction to 3D scientific data visualization, with an emphasis on science communication and cinematic design for appealing to broad audiences. You will develop visualization literacy, through being able to interpret/analyze (read) visualizations and create (write) your own visualizations.
By the end of this course, you will:
- -Develop visualization literacy.
- -Learn the practicality of working with spatial data.
- -Understand what makes a scientific visualization meaningful.
- -Learn how to create educational visualizations that maintain scientific accuracy.
- -Understand what makes a scientific visualization cinematic.
- -Learn how to create visualizations that appeal to broad audiences.
- -Learn how to work with image-making software. (for those completing the Honors track)